A Fresh Start.

1.19.2013





I know we have already crossed 19 days off the 2013 year, but for Dane and I, life has just begun again here in Australia.  Therefore, now, 19 days in, I finally feel like the New Year is in full swing, which means, we would like to share with you all some of our goals for the upcoming year.  

Dane:
1. Write a song per month.

2. Pray for my wife more diligently.

3. Lead my family by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

4. Challenge myself more musically.

Christy:
1. Daily Devotion to Prayer and Bible Reading:  Many of you know, my relationship with Jesus is number one on my list.  2012 was such a huge year for me spiritually.  I learned more about the attributes of God in the past year than any other year of my life.  I long and desire to continue growing in Him.  

2. Instagram Daily: This is my 365 day challenge.  So yes, if you follow me on instagram, you will be seeing a lot more of our lives.  I'm hoping this will challenge me to capture more of the little everyday moments that make life beautiful.  If you would like to follow me on instagram, you can click here.

3. Eat Clean:  Last September I went on a sugar fast.  Although no sugar for 30 days straight wasn't very much fun my body did feel a lot better than it had.  So my goal is to eat clean, putting things in my body that fuel it, not make it work even harder (I blame you high fructose corn syrup).  Say hello to a lot more fruits and veges, whole grains, low fat calcium options, water, and tea.  

4. Art Journal through the Year:  Last year I signed up for Elsie & Rachel's Art Journal through the Year course.   I didn't get but 3 pages finished in 2012, because life became crazy big.  I love art journaling, and find it to be very rewarding, so my goal in 2013 is to complete the course.  That is one page per week throughout the year.  If you want to join me on this little adventure, please do.  I think it would be fun!  You can sign up here.  I will stop in often to share what I have been up to, and would love to see your own work as well.  

5. Learn to Watercolor: During our time in the USA, Dane's mom Robin, got out her watercolors and showed me some different watercolor techniques.  Together we painted an owl, which turned out just beautiful.  I have also been very inspired by the work of Ona Befort and decided I would pick up a few paints and try my hand at it.  I'm excited to try something completely new in 2013.  

6. Photo Shoot once a Month:  I would really like to improve on my photography skills in 2013, so I am going to do a photo shoot a month throughout 2013.  My subjects may range from humans, to pets, to objects, but overall I think it will be a good challenge and teach me a lot.  

7.  And finally, participate in Siesta Scripture Memory Team:  If you don't know this yet, you should.  I love Beth Moore.  Miss Beth I call her.  And if you don't know this about me, I love blogs, and I love Miss Beth's blog for a completely different reason than all of the other blogs I read.  Anyways, every year she has a scripture memory challenge.  2 scriptures a month, that's 24 scriptures in the year.  24 pieces of God's Word written on your beautiful heart.  I participated in this in 2011, and found it to be wonderful.  Meditating on God's word daily encourages you when times are dark and gives you wisdom for every situation you will face in life.  So my first verse of 2013 was (hang with me, I'm doing this from memory, because I have it down now...)

Behold, I am making all things new...write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true...I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.  Revelations 21:5-6 (ESV) 

and my new verse comes from the blog post a few days ago.

God can do anything, you know.  Far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!  He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us.  Ephesians 3:20 (msg)

If you want to join me in this goal as well, check out Miss Beth's blog and let God start writing His beautiful words on your heart.  

So there you have it, our 2013 goals.  We are excited to see what the year has for us and how we begin to grow and change.  2013, here we come!

xoxo,
The Kids Down Under




No comments:

Post a Comment