A Happy 4th

7.05.2015

Yes, I am one of those who tear up when I hear the national anthem played. I am one of those who gets emotional over a large crowd saying the pledge of allegiance.  After living in Australia for two years, I couldn't wait to come home and see the stars and stripes flying high!  And this weekend, we celebrated our country.  Yes, I know it's not always perfect, but it is the spot in the world that I call home.  I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th.  Here are a few pictures that sum up our holiday weekend.
Dane & I celebrated the 4th in KC at the Parkville Carnival.  Although we avoided the rides (they all looked like vomit comets to me)  we did take a long walk down by the river and ended the evening with fireworks over the water.  

The day before we enjoyed a Wutke tradition by serving watermelon to the community of Girard at their annual 4th of July celebration.  It was a great evening of catching up with friends and family, dancing to a little country music, and eating more watermelon than I ever have in my life! Something new I learned about Dane, he is a PRO at cutting & serving up watermelon!



 





 

 And I leave you with this.  Probably my favorite moment of the entire weekend, watching Dane & Drew enjoy the fireworks with their Grandma Nellie.  Such a sweet moment.  Happy Independence Day Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment