*Happy Thanksgiving*

11.22.2012


Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends!  I would say that we have truly learned what it means to be thankful this past year and wanted to share a few things we are thankful for.

Dane:

numero 1: my wife and best friend who married me despite how dumb i can be :)
numero 2: music and all things encompassing it.
numero 3: a God who is merciful, full of grace and desires the best for us.
numero 4: friends and family who love me when i don't deserve to be loved
numero 5: my dog...i'm believing for it.

Christy:
* I am thankful for my husband.  Without him, I would not have survived this past year and all of the ups and downs.  He has walked every single step right beside me and loved me unconditionally.  So thankful for you baby.
* I am thankful for our friends and family both in the USA and those we have made here from all over the world.  People on both ends of the spectrum have been such a support for us while we have been here in Australia and we know you will continue to be.  As for our friends and family in the USA, only 8 short days until we can hug you all!
* I am thankful for provision.  God has continuously poured out his blessings on Dane & I this year.  Just to list a few:  amazing friends in the land down under whom I lovingly call my Aussie family, a bed on night one of us arriving here, a home to live in, enough food to eat, clean water to drink, a job, bikes, a car, a wonderful neighbor, a refrigerator, internet, tools and supplies to be creative, a washing machine, pots and pans, car rides when Dane busted up his ankle, a few mini vacations to help break up the monotony of the daily grind, good coffee, and a Dr. Pepper every now and then.  
* I am thankful for the church.  I am not just talking Hillsong either, but the church global.  It is amazing and exciting to see how God is moving and working in this world.  I am thankful that I live in a nation that can worship freely. 
* I am thankful for the lessons I have learned this past year.  I don't think a single one of them have been easy and I know I will continue to learn and grow in each area, but yes, I am thankful that God continues to move, work, and use me in ways I never would have imagined.  

As for our Thanksgiving plans, our Australian friends made a deal with us.  They wanted to see what this whole Thanksgiving thing was all about, so they bought the bird, and I am preparing them a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  Australia has tiny fan forced ovens, so wish me luck!  

And one last note, we are thankful for all of you who read this blog.  It is a joy to share our lives with you.  Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to care about our lives.  

We love you,
The Kids Down Under

No comments:

Post a Comment